Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remote desktop client refusing connections

iMac running OS 10.6.8 Updates completed as of 11:23 AM on 3/12/2012. 8 Gigs of RAM

This one is in a lab with 23 other computers of the exact same set-up. This ONE will not allow an Apple Remote Desktop connection. I've repaired permissions and ran the disk tools' "repair disk" application.

Nothing.

Any suggestions?

Joe

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 9:26 AM

10 replies

Mar 12, 2012 11:42 PM in response to joechandler

What IP address is the effected client using? Have you searched ARD to see if another computer record currently include that IP address? if so, have you tried removing the IP address fromt he conflicting computer record?

Have you tried using VNC to connect to the effected client? ie, go to dock, click on finder, go to menu bar, click on the go menu, chose connect to server, type in vnc://ipAddress of effected cleint, click connect.

For the clent, you tried turning Remote Management off and then back on?

Have you tried setting remote management so all user can connect?

still can't connect, have you tried turning the firewall on, and then off again?

May 16, 2012 12:42 PM in response to joechandler

Another trick in the ARD voodoo toolkit: When you have a client behaving strangely, go to the "All Computers" tab and note the IP address. Then delete it. Then go to the Scanner, find it, and drag-n-drop it. Or re-add it manually via the IP, if it's not showing up n the Scanner.

I think the hi-tech description is "the software is a little funky."

May 16, 2012 4:13 PM in response to etbozo

My impression was in general that if you wanted to create a netrestore image (using system image utility), you needed to match the version of system image utility (say 10.6) with the OS you were imaging (10.6). So I wouldn't expect to make a 10.6 net restore image using 10.7 SIU. Could be very wrong here. But I do know that the 10.7 server will SERVE the 10.6 net restore image as I have done that frequently. But I make the image on a 10.6 machine running SIU 10.6. Doesn't need to be a server, just any old 10.6 machine with enough room.

So I'm not sure what you mean by "create a net restore 10.6 image" on the server. If you mean actually have the server create the image using SIU, then yeah, I'm not surprised that is a no go. Now if you mean have a 10.6 net restore image that works and is served from the 10.7 server, then that should happen.

remote desktop client refusing connections

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.