Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charger snapped

Hello everyone.

I am relatively new to this forum. I have put a picture of my broken charger:User uploaded file

Basically the bit that goes from the central adapter to my laptop has snapped from the adapter.

My first question, is this common? Am I the only one who has managed to broken it? I feel terrible because the chargers are pretty expensive, but if it is sort of common for this to happen then I will feel a little less guilty. My charger will be two years old in 3 months.

Are there any hopes of getting it repaired or will I have to buy a new one?

Thank you very much in advance for your reliable answer and support.

macbook pro

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 9:39 AM

It has happened to me before. Twice, in fact. So, maybe it is not uncommon. I would take it in to a service place and see if you can get it replaced for free.

charlie

9 replies

Mar 12, 2012 11:27 AM in response to ag_oj

Purchased AppleCare? It covers all parts, including the power brick, for 3 years so you're still under the umbrella.

Worst case, you end up buying a new one. $79 US plus applicable taxes (import, VAT, etc.).

And if you're really adventurous and don't have warranty, there's always this (power brick will look really nasty afterwards, but it may work): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20vLvXUfrIA

Jan 23, 2013 4:42 PM in response to ag_oj

My power cord snapped in the same place after just one year of use. It was completely broken off until I unplugged from the wall and wrapped it up to bring into Apple. Once I brought it their an employee Apple told me I could not return it since it was completely broken off. If it was still hanging on then they might be able to which I think it completely rediculous. I have not pets, kids or outside influences that would have caused this and its obviously an issue if they have a Power Adapter Replacement Program. User uploaded file

Charger snapped

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.