Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to downgrade from ios 5.1 to 5.0.1?

Can I downgrade to 5.0.1 cuz my iPhone 4S after i updated yesterday, I found many issues like safari every time close when I copy something, camera freezing, sometimes my iPhone restart and now it's so slow when I write...

Sometimes i found no service I have to turn on\off airplane mode to fix that...( Also on iOS 5.0.1 )

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 10:15 AM

21 replies

Mar 12, 2012 10:18 AM in response to Iceberg7777777

The best thing to do if you have problems after updating your iOS is to restoreyour device with your backup. If you still have problems, restore as new, i.e. without your backup.

A simple reset might work as well... press the home and sleep (on/off) buttons until you see the Apple logo, ignoring the slider. Takes about 5-15 secs of button holding and you won't lose any data or settings.

Mar 12, 2012 11:09 AM in response to Iceberg7777777

yeah, this is b.s. apple is getting worse and worse with their "updates", pretty sure at this rate my next phone will be "dumb", atleast it lives up to its claims and is not aggravating... im afraid to update anything anymore! becuase of apple.

anything after itunes 10.5.1 isnt flawed in some way or another...mostly NOT syncing apps to my devices.

Apr 17, 2012 3:16 PM in response to Iceberg7777777

I wish that someone would have come up with a more productive answer than the usual stuff that the apple store tells you that never works. Seriously, restart the phone, restore the phone, ahh, that must be the only problem with it. My phone was messed up with the 5.0 update, but then I was able to get the 5.0.1 update that helped with my calls. This update comes around and now where I had service, I don't anymore. My app store is terrible as well as my iTunes, on the phone; my calls are getting dropped with consistency. I have restored my phone in all the ways forms and fashions known, and reset it more times than I can shake a fist at. I know that it works because it was working for 3 months, pretty well too. Sooo, what's the deal, how can I go back with my 4S to a time when it worked. I just reset my laptop after I didn't like the way that Windows 8 consumer preview was running.

Apr 17, 2012 3:22 PM in response to kacord

If you don't like the suggestions that people are giving to help fix an issue, then don't get involved in it. If you want help jailbreaking or modifying your software, then look elsewhere, we cannot help you with doing that.

It's in the terms and conditions of the new software that it cannot be rolled back to an older version, you could do it with your consumer preview of Windows 8 because that was a preview, iOS 5.1 is not a preview, it's a full product.

How to downgrade from ios 5.1 to 5.0.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.