Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone know how to get Microtek's Scan wizard 7.71 to work in OS10.6?

I just upgraded (from CD it was 10.6.3), prior to I did reserach to see what drivers i would need to download.... thought i had everything lined up but for some reason Scanmaker never initializes. I have searched extensively online, Microtek's site, and others looking for an answer and nothing. Currently I'm running software updater to go to 10.6.8 and i'll try it again... but if anyone has an answer i'd sure appreciate it.

imac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), also have Macbook pro and iphone

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:25 AM

7 replies

Mar 12, 2012 11:45 AM in response to Kappy

Thanks for the tip... i just downloaded it to try it and it wants to input from my epson artisan printer (which also has a scanner but nota good one) do you know how to get it to see the microtel scanner? its website says it does support i800... and i guess i should ask... does Vuescan also suport Lion as i'm going that way at some point

Mar 12, 2012 11:50 AM in response to merimages

I would disconnect your Epson device for the time being. Be sure the MicroTek scanner is connected and uninstall its driver software. VueScan should then identify the scanner and let you set it up.

I would think that VueScan will let you select the device to which it will connect from the device menu, but then I've never had two scanning devices connected at the same time. Perhaps if you aren't going to use the Epson's scanner you can open the Print & Scan preferences and delete the Epson Scanner (but not the printer.)

Mar 12, 2012 12:03 PM in response to Kappy

thanks for continuing to try to help.... the artisan is connected wirelessly so i have no idea how to disconnect it... without disconnecting the printer also (I don't see a Print scan in System Prefs just Print and Fax) Scanmaker i800 is connected but i am hesitant to uninstall its drivers as it would be a huge hassle to get them back... do you know if Vuescan has a forum where i can ask someone?

Does anyone know how to get Microtek's Scan wizard 7.71 to work in OS10.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.