Skip navigation

Poor Picture Quality on Netflix via Apple TV (especially "HD") . . .

25294 Views 24 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2013 2:33 PM by grer14 RSS
1 2 Previous Next
NMG Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 12, 2012 11:59 AM

Hi everyone,

Have any of you noticed poor PQ on Netflix via Apple TV?  I signed up the other day for my one month trial and I am VERY dissapointed in the PQ.  Non HD programming is worse than my non HD cable feed and the "HD" content is undoubtedly the worst HD I have EVER seen.  Colours are faded, picture is blotchy, very noticeable pixelation, etc.  Truth be told, it actually looks like a bad regular def cable feed only widescreen.  By comparison, the HD content purchased through iTunes is INCREDIBLE.  In fact, I find it far superior to my cable HD feed.

I have a 50 inch Panasonic 1080p capable set and I know I'll only get 720p, but still, the HD quality is ridiculous.  On a scale of 100, I'd say that BR through my PS3 would be 100, purchased iTunes content would be 90, my cable HD feeds would be 75-80 and Netflix would be 30. Yes, it's that bad, LOL. 

Is this normal in your experience?  Any thoughts or suggestions? 

Thanks so much!

1 2 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.