Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compass Calibration Problems

Today the Compass Interference message appeared on my iPhone 4 screen and no matter how many times I wave the phone in a figure 8 motion, the message does not disappear. I have moved the phone away from sources of interference. What else can I do? I need a clear screen to demonstrate an app at a conference day after tomorrow. How can I fix this quickly?

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 12:26 PM

2 replies

Jul 27, 2012 12:22 AM in response to lcm2

I too am having this very issue for the past few weeks or so. Not only it points at the wrong directions, it's not stable also, it keeps rotating and prompting me 'Compass Inteference'. Besides, I am also having problems with the Maps app, whenever I tap the 'location symbol' twice so that it would show which direction I'm facing at, it just fails. 'Compass Inteference' stays there for seconds then disappears pointing at the wrong direction also. What's wrong? Can somebody help? I'm so fed up now...😢

Compass Calibration Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.