Currently Being ModeratedSep 28, 2012 11:09 AM (in response to Clintaur)
And before someone offers the oft-repeated suggestion that we should stop whining and report the problem, I (and I'm sure many others) *have* already done so months (and several versions of iOS) ago. The only conclusion is that Apple doesn't care about this issue in the slightest. Clearly none of us ought to be ripping CDs to lossless formats but instead buying everything from the iTunes Store (and so negating the need for conversion).
Currently Being ModeratedSep 28, 2012 2:01 PM (in response to Clintaur)
Apple Maps debacle resulted in an apology from Apple CEO. When do we get an apology for the debacle known as "iTunes?"
Currently Being ModeratedSep 29, 2012 2:59 AM (in response to kwiebe)
i've bought an iphone just because of the apple quality and the hype. And when something like this happens to a new customer like me it Pi*s my life off!! I tried everything that was mentioned here but still NO SOLUTION!!! This is my first and last iphone am ever going to use. Back to ANDROID! Apple what a pile of Sh*t!!!!!!
Currently Being ModeratedSep 29, 2012 4:36 AM (in response to leon_44)
Fortunately, you are able to keep the relative severities of life's slings and arrows in perspective. Otherwise, next you would be plugging in a Manhattan address that doesn't exist into Maps, and then bitterly complaining that Maps instead takes you to the next best guess, a street address in Brooklyn that does match. Oh, wait, Google/Motorola just did that. http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/27/googles-ilost-motorola-ad-faked-an-add ress-to-lose-ios-6-maps
Currently Being ModeratedSep 30, 2012 5:29 PM (in response to Clintaur)
I've found that if I add the artwork, i have to do it twice or it adds the wrong pic, since updating to 6.0 it has erased some art again, it truly is annoying for someone like me who nerds out on my Itunes
Currently Being ModeratedOct 1, 2012 7:48 PM (in response to Clintaur)
Do I read it correctly that the same problem occurs after upgrading to iOS5?
Ten years ago I was a strong supporter of Apple and Mac, but since two years I run into permanent problems, software as well as hardware, Iphone, Ipod touch, as well as MacPro!
If I hadn't purchased important software for these devices which had cost lots of cash I would switch to different brands. Really disappointed!
Can anybody confirm the sunc problem of iPhone even after upgrading to iOS5?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 1, 2012 7:54 PM (in response to happyribbed)
The artwork sync problem has carried through iOS 4, 5, and 6. There's artwork there for every track and, like Paula Poundstone's birthday presents, they're often a surprise.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 2, 2012 10:04 AM (in response to happyribbed)
For me, it had nothing to do with iOS version, but it started when I chose the option in iTunes to convert the bit rate to 128k for my iPhone/iPod... as soon as I chose that option all the art work started getting getting screwed up on my iPhone, and iPod. I've tried doing a complete restore on both devices - it does not help. This has been since iOS 4, 5, and 6 for me - but again, iOS 4 was fine BEFORE I converted to 128K.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 2, 2012 10:29 AM (in response to happyribbed)
Hey everyone, thank god i found a solution and it worked for me! and currently am running IOS 5.1.1
This is what i did..
1) Go to your device and under summary, tick 'Sync only ticked music and video'
2) Head over to your Library and untick all the songs.
3) Sync your iphone so that the there will be NO MUSIC left in your iphe library.
4) Go back to your Library Select all the songs and 'Right Click' --> Select 'Convert ID3 Tags' --> In the window that pops up, Tick 'ID3 Tag version' and Select ' v2.4' from the drop down box and Press 'ok'. This takes awhile depending on your library size.
(When you convert ID3 tags, the album art for some songs will disapper, mainly the songs with lyrics in my case.. So you need to add them manually.
5) Now grab your iphone and do a 'complete factory reset.'
6) Plug it to itunes (make sure you have ticked 'sync only ticked music and....' before doing anything') and go to your library and tick only 10 - 20 songs.
7) Sync the selected onces to your iphone.
8) Disconnect the wire and open the music library in your phone and the album art will still NOT appear.
9) Reconnect the phone back to itunes and this time select another 10 - 20 songs and sync the phone.
10) This time the album art will appear to the songs that you added in the above step (for tyhe second time) but not for the songs that you added first time. Therefore go back to library and untick the songs that the album art is NOT present in you iphone and sync again so that the only songs with the album arts will present in the iphone.
11) Reconnect the iphone and add another few songs (not all) and the album art for the those songs will appear in your iphone! WIN!
12) If step 11 is successful for you its all good now. Go to your library and select all the music and sync the iphone and BOOM all the album arts will be there!!
This all sounds bonkers but did worked for me! and for my mates ipod touch, so i hope it will work for you guys as well.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 2, 2012 10:32 AM (in response to Randy Maynard1)
for the guys who converted to 128K its sorry.com for the moment.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 2, 2012 11:08 AM (in response to leon_44)
Yes it is crazy bonkers. When did you do this? How long has it held for? Have you added music since? Was it sync'ed? Did previous songs stay sync'd once you added new music?
Currently Being ModeratedOct 2, 2012 11:31 AM (in response to richardk32)
Did it like 4 days ago and ive added 10 tracks and no prob so far. Yes all the previous songs are there with the album art. The only prob i got is the smart playlists there've gone pineapples, wont sync songs in order.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 3, 2012 7:29 AM (in response to leon_44)
Okay - this worked for me!!! But, I did not do all of it. All I had to do was: 4) Go back to your Library Select all the songs and 'Right Click' --> Select 'Convert ID3 Tags' --> In the window that pops up, Tick 'ID3 Tag version' and Select ' v2.4' from the drop down box and Press 'ok'. This takes awhile depending on your library size.
Then I just checked the "manually manage music" box - and I deleted all music on the iPhone.
Then I I un-checked that box, and re-checked the "sync all music" box... a few hours later (after re-synching all music) all my album art was back on the phone!
So, basically, it is just the 2.4 ID tags that need to be converted and forced to sync to the phone. Thanks for the tip!