Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slider missing from straighten tool

Hello,

I'm completely new to Aperture, so maybe this is a really "stupid" question.

First some data:

MacBook Pro early 2011 model.

MAC OS X 10.7.3

Aperture 3.2.2

I've imported some photo's.

One photo I need to straighten.

I've selected this particular photo and from the Adjustments "tab", Adjustments button, I added the "Straighten" tool.

It showed up and displays:

Angle: 0.0

According to the Help information there should also be shown a slider which can be used to change the angle/amount of adjustment.

However, there is no slider displayed.

I've quit and restarted Aperture, had my Mac check for outstanding Software Updates (none found, System is up to date), selected and deselected the picture etc. but still no slider displayed nor can I select the "0.0" behind "Angle" to directly enter a value (as I can do at, for instance, Exposure=>Exposure or White Balance=>Tint).

Any idea how to fix this or is this a bug in Aperture 3.2.2?

Kind regards,

emeu1

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 1:43 PM

15 replies

Mar 12, 2012 1:59 PM in response to emeu1

Any idea how to fix this or is this a bug in Aperture 3.2.2?

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but sometimes the slider vanishes, after you hit the straighten tool icon in the Browser and then select the crop tool. The slider usually reappears, when you press the corresponding icon in the Adjustment tab. Perhaps it will work for you too.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Regards

Léonie

MacOS 10.7.3, Aperture 3.2.2, MBP i7

Message was edited by: leonieDF added screen shots

Mar 12, 2012 3:20 PM in response to léonie

OT: Léonie -- you used the word "patch" just the other day when discussing batch removing a blemish from a series of photos. I let it go, because we then discussed using Repair and Clone (part of the Retouch Brick), and I assumed that you were using the Retouch Brick. Your screenshot above shows the Spot and Patch Brick -- are you using it? It has it's use, but Apple recommends the Repair Brick for any task it can handle. The Retouch Brick superceded the Spot and Patch tool when Ap3 was released. (At least, that's how I remember it.) I use the Retouch Brick tools all the time.

Mar 12, 2012 11:32 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

Hello,

yesterday evening I gave up. Whatever I tried, the slider didn't show up. Pressing the corresponding icon just gave me a short 'beep' but no slider.

This morning, same problem until I switched to a photo in Aperture that came with the Aperture 3 Apple Pro Training Series. The slider suddenly appeared.

So I switched back to the original photo, no slider :-(

Until I changed the view from browser to viewer.

The slider came back and stayed even when I switched back to browser view.

I can now use it :-)

Kind regards,

emeu1

Slider missing from straighten tool

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.