Skip navigation

How do I convert Apple Works 6 drawings to pages

820 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 12, 2012 3:35 PM by Peggy RSS
Miles P. Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 12, 2012 3:18 PM

I just upgraded to 10.7.3 and now all my Apple Works files are unreadable.  How can I convert them to Pages or MS Word?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), I just converted to 10.7.3 now all
  • Peggy Level 8 Level 8 (38,085 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 12, 2012 3:35 PM (in response to Miles P.)

You will have to have access to AppleWorks 6 in Snow Leopard or earlier. You can copy the contents of draw documents, paste them into an AppleWorks word processing document in object mode (click the arrow in the tool panel), save the WP document & then open it in Pages. You can copy & paste from AppleWorks to Pages but you would have to do it object by object or it will be one big uneditable object. Yvan Koenig wrote an AppleScript that can automate this process. You'll find it on his iDisk in the For_iWork > iWork '09 folder. Click on the file named AWdraw2iWork.zip then click on the Download button.

Peggy_sig.png

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.