Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pulldown removal AFTER editing??

I'm helping to finish the editing of a half-hour movie in FCP7. The first-time filmmaker made some workflow mistakes that I am trying to fix. About half the footage was shot in native 24p, half with 2:3 pulldown. The pulldown was not removed prior to editing. In the browser all the clips are listed as DVCPRO HD 1080p30, but some are 23.98fps and some are 29.97. It was all edited in a 23.98fps timeline, where the 29.97 clips play back with an awkward frame cadence of A, B, Cd, D.

Any suggestions on how to remove the 2:3 pulldown at this late stage? Thanks!

Final Cut Pro 7, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 4:06 PM

YOu need to remove the pulldown from the clips that it isn't removed from...making new QT files. Then manually re-edit that new footage into the sequence. There will be no way to reconnect, as the timebase is different.

There is no Easy Button for this.

2 replies

Mar 14, 2012 9:53 AM in response to CullyGallagher

You might also consider copying and pasting into a 29.97 fps timeline and let fcp add pulldown to the 24p material. You'll have to adjust the edits but might be the quickest fix.

Shane's right about how to proceed if you want to stay 24p, but although there's no Easy Button, it shouldn't be that big a deal. I think timecode will remain roughly the same so dropping the newly 24p shots in and adjusting shouldn't take too long.

Pulldown removal AFTER editing??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.