To make a three-way call from your iPhone:
- Make a call.
- Tap add call, and make another call. The first call will be placed on hold. If you want, you can talk privately on the second line before merging the calls.
- Tap merge calls. The calls are merged onto one line, and everyone can hear each other.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to add more callers to the conference. You can merge up to five calls for a phone conference.
- To add an incoming call to the conference, tap hold call + answer, and then tap merge calls.
- To talk privately to one caller during the conference, tap conference and then tap private next to a call. Tap merge calls to return the caller to the conference.
- To drop one caller from the conference, tap conference and then tap private next to a call. Then tap end call.
I Hope I Was Able To Help You Or Solve Your Question.
If Someone Helped You, Click
"This Helped Me"
If Someone Solved Your Question, Click
"This Solved My Question"
The above is the same as the iPhone5 iOS6 users manual, repeated here:
Create a conference call: While on a call, tap Add Call, make another call, then tap Merge Calls.
Repeat to add more people to the conference.
• Drop one person: Tap Conference, tap next to a person, then tap End Call.
• Talk privately with one person: Tap Conference, then tap Private next to the person. Tap Merge
Calls to resume the conference.
• Add an incoming caller: Tap Hold Call + Answer, then tap Merge Calls.
I don't get it. It says to "tap Conference", what is that? The soft buttons are as follows. There is no "Conference" button.
It says "Conference" across the top of the screen, but touching it with my finger, or a sledge hammer, does nothing. For referernce, I have an iPhone 5 and the carrier is Verizon.
I just discovered this problem too. Apparently it has to do with the way the Verizon (and Sprint and other CDMA networks) is set up that results in Making a conference call is easy enough to set up, but splitting it up again is not possible. I guess even if you pick up an incoming call during an existing one, the only way to go back to the existing one is to hang up on both and then the first one is supposed to automatically call you back. I haven't paid enough attention to know if that works, but it sounds really annoying.
More info here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1398381