Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LG burner software

Where can I find a free driver to download to make this work? LG Super Speed USB 24X DVD / 48X CD External. It's compatible with the Mac but it only came with PC software. Please help me figure this out. Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 4:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 5:17 PM

Have you tried attaching it to see if it works? I don't think you need any special drivers to make it work.

3 replies

Mar 31, 2015 9:29 AM in response to babowa

My LG external DVD/BluRay device no longer works as of Yosemite.

I've wasted a lot of time and money only to determine that this BluRay burner does not work with OS X 10.10.2.

I originally purchased this drive because of the great performance of the device. When the latest OS X version was upgraded, the device failed to work. I spent hours reading forums and chasing my tail. I ordered a new Pioneer device and it worked flawlessly. The only issue was poor performance. So assuming that the first LG BE14NU40 experienced a hardware failure, I ordered a new one. The behavior, of the new drive, is the same the drive fails to read disks on my MacBook.

So heads up ... I'm working with LG to see if there is a firmware update. Most likely LG has not kept up with the enhanced device signing/security in OS X.

LG burner software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.