Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone4s able to charging but not IPAD not success on computer.. Why?

I have IPhone 4s myself so plug in work computer and its charging success.. But in my IPad2 plug same the computer and not able to charging. I never understnad what differnce between IPhone 4s and IPAD2 are same apple and if IPhone4s work so IPAD2 should work too..

Please help me. !

I am deaf myself. so Hope you expaine clear better..

Thanks!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 7:36 PM

iPad requires more power than standard USB port puts out due to larger higher capacity battery.

Use the wall charger or buy a computer with hi power USB ports.

4 replies

Mar 12, 2012 8:08 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

I just learend that I had very old laptop and work fine with both IPhone 4s and IPad2 for charging but my worksite have new compuer only work with IPhone4s werid..

Anyway.. What your recommend for USB brand and number of High power USB port?

Picture will be great or www site that wehre recommend will be help lots..

Thanks for respond.

Mar 12, 2012 8:49 PM in response to DWJr98

If your work computer is a desktop you can try the usb ports in the back of the computer because sometimes they are high powered usb ports. If you are buying a new computer you should look at the specifications on that computer before buying it. Maybe the specifications will tell you how many usb ports are on the computer. If it is a Windows computer you can follow thiis article to tell which ports on the computer art 2.0 usb ports http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1174

IPhone4s able to charging but not IPAD not success on computer.. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.