Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari drops out! What do I do?

I am running the new iOS. It did not fix the application drop out problem. When I go to Safari it drops out very quickly and it is very frustrating. Almost as bad as the "this problem has encountered a serious error and has shut down" in Windows!

Help!?

iPad, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 8:24 PM

2 replies

Mar 12, 2012 11:00 PM in response to johnnytfitz

See if any of the following help.

Try clearing Safari's cache : Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies And Data and also Clear History

If that doesn't work then try closing Safari completely and then re-open it : from the home screen (i.e. not with Safari 'open' on-screen) double-click the home button to bring up the taskbar, then press and hold any of the apps on the taskbar for a couple of seconds or so until they start shaking, then press the '-' in the top left of the Safari app to close it, and touch any part of the screen above the taskbar so as to stop the shaking and close the taskbar.

A third option is a reset : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear - you won't lose any content, it's the iPad equivalent of a reboot.

Turning off iCloud and multitasking gestures on the iPad has also been suggested. Updating to iOS 5.1 could help as well.

Safari drops out! What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.