Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the Helena Beats demo come with the non-app store version of Logic Pro?

Thanks in Advance 🙂

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 6:27 AM

9 replies

Jul 13, 2012 9:43 AM in response to joeinez

Its under the Help menu - 'Exploring Logic Pro Demo Content' (in the App Store download anyway, presumably that's what you mean). I've never heard it properly on a decent hi-fi, but it sounds a bit ropey - I'm sure it must have had professional mastering applied to it for release, though.

Edit - sorry, just noticed you said the 'non-app store version' - I must learn to read one day. I believe there is other demo content with the boxed version of Logic 9, but you can't get the Helena Beats project any other way, unless you know someone who has it.

Jul 13, 2012 10:14 AM in response to chorleyman

You could try asking at an Apple Store - they may have Logic installed on one of their machines and have that project - there is a copyright issue, but it is meant for Logic users, so if you take some proof of purchase and a large enough memory stick, I don't see why not...

I have noticed that everyone is not always as reasonable as one expects, though..

Jul 14, 2012 9:43 AM in response to joeinez

Yeah, I have the project since I got the App Store download - there are some Logic synths, Ultrabeat and EXS24 tracks and also some audio tracks of bounced synth plug-ins or external instruments, so you can tinker with it to a reasonable degree. What I meant was that I haven't heard the released, mastered version of the song, which ought to sound better - its always interesting to look at other people's work, though.

There are a lot of vocal tracks, so I guess all the audio files for those make the project the size that it is. As I suggested before, a large enough memory stick should do, as long as the Apple Store staff are OK with it.

Jul 14, 2012 10:49 AM in response to joeinez

joeinez wrote:

Yeh i zipped it however It was over a GB so naturally it was taking a while.

That's odd. The entire uncompressed folder is under 213 megabytes. It's stored in /Library/Application Support/Logic/Logic Pro Demo Songs/Foster the People. As others say, the whole "Foster the People" folder will fit comfortably on any sized thumb drive, if the local Apple Store people will let you copy it.

Does the Helena Beats demo come with the non-app store version of Logic Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.