Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Store gift cards to another country?

Hello,

I'm raising this issue again after finding the discussion below regarding purchasing gift cards for someone living in another country (or whose iTunes account is for a different country. I understand about the issue with copyright being by country. The legal work-around for this would (merely) be that I purchase the gift card from the online Apple Store in the country of the recipient!

In my instance I currently live in Singapore and my son lives in the USA. I want to give him a gift card buy some apps. Why can you not develop a solution whereby I pay the USA Apple Store with my Singapore (or any other country) credit card? International credit card transactions have been around for decades now.

Regards, Ashok

Massimo de Majo Rome, Italy

Jun 19, 2007 4:22 PM

Hello

I want to send a gift to the son of a friend in Denmark (I live in Italy). Is there anyway that this can be done? I can only purchase vouchers usable on the Italian store and this is totally useless to a Danish teenager! 😟 Is it really possible that I cannot purchase a gift voucher redeemable in another country? help!

Massimo

This solved my question by StarDeb55 on Jun 19, 2007 4:28 PM

Sdorry, but gift cards must be used within the country of purchase. This is required by the copyright holders for content

Apple Store Gift Card Purchase-OTHER

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 8:42 AM

2 replies

Mar 13, 2012 9:30 AM in response to Kohsa

Given how you posted, it's difficult to determine which post is yours and precisely what your question is. But if I understand correctly, no one here can tell you why the US Apple Store will not accept foreign credit cards. All we know, since we're all just fellow users here, is that they do not.

Bestbuy.com does, however, as long as the shipping address is in the US, and they sell iTunes gift cards. So you might give them a try.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/International-Orders/pcmcat204400050019. c?id=pcmcat204400050019

Regards.

Apple Store gift cards to another country?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.