Skip navigation

can't buy iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand

1299 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2012 7:11 PM by afrags RSS
Mirek78 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 13, 2012 12:04 PM

Hello I can't buy apps iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand there is mentioned instead of price only "accept" but when I clicked on it and wrote my Apple ID I received error message. My Mac Mini was bought from another person but fully reinstalled.

Can anyone help me ??

Mirek

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.3)
  • Kappy Level 10 Level 10 (221,005 points)
    Mar 13, 2012 12:08 PM (in response to Mirek78)

Meaning those apps belong to the previous owner's Apple ID, not yours. You must actually purchase them for yourself. You cannot do that as long as they are still installed on the computer. You need to put them in the Trash, then open the App Store, sign in with your Apple ID, purchase and download them.

Mar 13, 2012 12:58 PM (in response to Mirek78)

Then sign in to the App Store with your Apple ID and you should be able to purchase and download them.

Mar 13, 2012 1:10 PM (in response to Mirek78)

Open App Store and sign in with your Apple ID. In the search field search for iPhoto. Go to the iPhoto page. Click on the Buy button under the iPhoto image on the left. Purchase and download. Repeat for other two.

You do not use the Purchases page because you haven't purchased them yet.

Mar 13, 2012 1:30 PM (in response to Mirek78)

Do not go to the Purchases page. Don't click on the Purchases icon in the App Store toolbar. Clicking on the Accept button there won't help you because those apps were already tied to the original owner's Apple ID.

Mar 13, 2012 1:41 PM (in response to Mirek78)

Which App Store page are you on?

If you click on the Purchases icon in the toolbar and look at the list of software, do you see iPhoto, etc. listed with an active Install button at the right?

Are you sure you are signed in with your Apple ID? Do you have an active Apple ID with an approved credit card?

Otherwise, all I can suggest is that you click on the Support link under Quick Links and email about your problem.

• rafavalles Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jun 24, 2012 8:37 PM (in response to Mirek78)

I have the exact same problem, my brother just sold me his Macbook Pro Early 2011 and I made a fresh lion install, i need iphoto but i just cant buy it or dowload it

• rafavalles Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Jun 25, 2012 8:27 PM (in response to Mirek78)

did anyone manage to solve this?

• afrags Calculating status...
    Aug 11, 2012 7:11 PM (in response to Mirek78)

does anyone know of a way to fix this without contacting apple care?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.