Skip navigation

Error -10010

766 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 21, 2012 3:33 PM by cofrus RSS
f1rstperson Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 13, 2012 11:35 AM

I am trying to mix a song with 17 tracks - and everytime I playback I get this error "Disk is too slow or System Overload.(-10010)"


This is what I am running on

Processor  2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory  8 GB 667 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM

Software  Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3 (11D50d)


Would it help to run this from an external drive? Like this: a (2 TB WD Element)


Please help I am under a deadline on mixing this album and need any suggestions as far as settings go - I haven't used Logic much - but I know the ins and outs of mixing - it's just the computer side of things that I am not as fimiliar with.


Thanks in advance!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)
  • CCTM Level 6 Level 6 (8,530 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 14, 2012 9:01 AM (in response to f1rstperson)



    Check the I/O buffer in Preferences:Audio.


    If you are mixing, a small buffer is not needed, and you can give Logic some "room to breathe" by using a larger buffer.


    Next you need to establish if it is a CPU issue or a Disk issue: open the 'Performance' meters in Logic and have a close look.


    Is the Project running from the System disc, or another internal (in a Mac Pro)?




  • cofrus Calculating status...
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 21, 2012 3:33 PM (in response to f1rstperson)

    I too was plagued by this problem on a couple of projects, part of a an album being finished at the moment.

    Whilst some of the projects had over a hundred tracks and many many plug-ins and would run seamlessly.

    Others, some of them only with less than 20 tracks and few plug-ins, would refuse to play for more than a few

    seconds before the dreaded (-10010) would occur.

    I am running all projects from internal dedicated Sata drives for, Audio and separate internal Sata drive for samples. 64 bit, 16Gb Ram

    I tried just about every suggestion I could find on all of the usual websites to no avail.

    So I muted all tracks in the project and opened them one by one.

    It became apparent that the tracks which caused the problem had been transferred from a ProTools 6 session.

    I had noticed when I started working on them that they did not have any of the usual identifiers (.aif.wav. etc)

    but Logic seemed content to import and play them, except that they semed to eat up HD transfer rates causing

    the (-10010) error.

    I copy/converted the tracks in question and the problem was resolve.

    I am sure that this is not the only cause of this error, I pass on the experience in case it helps.


More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)


  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.