Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I turn find my mac on?

I tried to turn on "Find my Mac" via the system preferences and I got an alert stating "Some configurations, such as software or hardware RAID, do not support a recover partitioned and cant be used with Find my Mac"

Why am I getting this message and what do I need to do to solve the problem and turn Find my Mac on?

I have 3 partitions on my hard drive, HFS for my OSX files, NTFS for bootcamp and a FAT for transferring stuff between the 2. Not sure if this is what the error message is getting at, if it is I still have no idea why?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply
6 replies

Sep 13, 2015 5:22 AM in response to Abraham Girt

I used guest login to sign in and after that i sign in with my iCloud. Activated the find my mac without any issue. Then log out from guest account, login to main admin account (whatever you named it), and activate find my mac in iCloud, everything done.

Previously, when i tick the find my mac column then it will show loading icon and then immediately un-tick by itself. No error shown but just unable to turn it on. So now after turn on in guest account and also in main admin account, now i can see my Macbook pro in the device list when i login to Find My Iphone on my iphone (previously it does not show my mac on the device list).

Thanks.

Mar 18, 2016 12:13 AM in response to joewalls123

Just been fighting this issue for a day. Find my Mac wan't grayed out – but clicking the check box to enable Find my Mac just didn't work. Mac OS X automatically removed the check mark again within a second or two.

What helped me was logging into another user account (or create a new user), enable Find my Mac on the other user account, loggin out from that user account and back to my primary user account... and it was turned on. Not a very elegang way of doing things...

Why can't I turn find my mac on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.