Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange password incorrect gmail

My exchange for gmail was working fine. Email, contacts and calendar. Then I was asked for the password because a pop up said it was incorrect. No matter how many times I enter the correct password, it stills says incorrect. I have tried the following

1. Delete and reinstall all email accounts several times. When I re-create the gmail exchange everything verifies and a minute later, I gt the pop up.

2. Delete iCloud account

3. Change password and try again

4. Add gmail account under gmail and that works fine but I'm still not getting my contacts.

5. Unlock captcha. When I follow the link I get a screen saying my identity needs to be verified and them I click okay and the screen says I have 10 minutes to use password on device. I never get he option to enter the scrambled code on my PC or phone

5. Tried google double verification.

None of these have worked despite multiple attempts. I have recently switched to google chrome and am using it under my PC laptop and iMac.

Please help me .

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 1:54 PM

15 replies

Mar 21, 2012 7:47 PM in response to Mas3372

Same problem. Restored phone and went to re-setup my Google Exchange sync and I got 'Password Incorrect'. I've done Captcha thing, deleted the Exchange account and re-set it up a zillion times, changed my Google password, tried googlemail and gmail in all permutations between username and email address. Periods in the address (lastname.firstname@gmail.com), no periods in the address. Nothing. iOS 5.1 on iPhone 4.

Oct 21, 2012 9:04 PM in response to crystallynn04

WOW ... after countless hours of online research and trial and errors ... not one of the suggested fixes I found online worked! ... then I figured it out ... my email is firstname.lastname####@gmail.com ... so when I typed all that in and the CORRECT password, I would only get the "incorrect password" prompt ... CAPTCHA and 2-stage verification stuff did not work ..

HERE WAS MY FIX ..... I removed the " . " between firstname and lastname when entering my email/username and IT WORKED ... hope this solves a lot of headaches!

Oct 30, 2012 7:23 AM in response to Mas3372

I had the same problem on my business account (at a university) after performing a required password change at my office. I entered the correct password and the "Incorrect Password" window kept popping up and it would not take "Cancel" as a response. What solved it for me was re-booting the i-Phone (Hold off switch and the home button [at the bottom of the phone] simultaneously for a few seconds. Be sure your phone is plugged in.) After re-boot everything was back to normal. The first thing I did after rebooting was go into the mail settings and put in the new password.

Mar 19, 2013 4:33 AM in response to Mas3372

I had this issue as well. My situation was the same as that described by Loudlaf. After reading his post, I powered the phone off and left it off for a few minutes. When I turned it back on, the "Incorrect Password" pop-up that I had been experiencing did not show up. Like him, I was able to go into the mail settings and put in the new password. Thanks, Loudlaf! (Hard to believe the solution was so simple.)

Exchange password incorrect gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.