Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sbcglobal.net problems

I have both sbcglobal and godaddy accounts loaded on my iPhone & iPad - never had a problem with either one on the iPhone but have never gotten the godaddy to work and suddenly after 2+ months only one of my sbcglobal is working - it says "username or password is incorrect" - NOT true as I haven't changed the settings and that account works just fine everywhere else......FRUSTRATED!! Any suggestions???

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 3:30 PM

15 replies

Jul 13, 2012 9:02 AM in response to JLew_67

I noticed my sbcglobal.net not working on my iPhone last night and tried a billion things all morning and this finally worked: After deleting the faulty sbcglobal.net mail account on iPhone, go to Settings > Mail > Add account > Yahoo! > then enter all fields as your sbcglobal.net email address except for the password, which of course, you'd fill in with your password. It worked straight away. So xxxx@sbcglobal.net goes in the Name, Email, and Description field.

Aug 26, 2012 10:09 AM in response to attosa

Hi,

I get the exact same problem occasionally, sometimes just on my mac, ipad works, iphone works etc...

ITS ATT NOT YOU...

Took me forever to find this out...don't change anything, just wait until ATT fixes their crap...sometimes it takes a few hours, sometimes a few days, but it will eventually work without you having to do anything 🙂

Oct 24, 2012 6:06 PM in response to manifold

It MIGHT be YOU and not ATT!

I had the same problem with my sbcglobal.net accounts not sending email on my new iPhone 5. The instructions for properly setting up an iphone for SBC Yahoo are hard to find. Apples instructions are incomplete and their preset Yahoo settings don't work. In fact they assume you want to set up an IMAP account instead of POP3. So I entered everything manually. (I forget exactly how I got the option to select POP3 as the type of account but I recall having to type in a fake email account address and then going back and correcting it AFTER the option to choose POP3 came up and was selected).

Everything seemed OK for recieving email but I still could not send them from my iphone. Incoming mail port for sbcglobal is 995. (In Account-->Advanced-->Server Port).

Solution, Go to: Settings -->Mail, Contacts, Calendars-->Accounts (select account)-->Outgoing Mail Server-->Select/Tap where SMTP server is listed

Your Primary server will be listed at the top (same as you just tapped on). I have 3 accounts set up on my iPhone for SBCglobal.

Under Other SMTP servers I had to turn ON (Toggle Server On at right) for the Outgoing Mail Server that corresponded to this user account. Password was already there, Use SSL was ON, Authentication is set to password, server port 465 (for my outgoing sbcglobal).

Interestingly I did NOT have to do this with my iPhone 4S and mail still sent properly. But everything in Mail works now on my iPhone 5.

Oct 24, 2012 6:16 PM in response to MGman61

Here's a related note from AT&T settings page:

AT&T's POP/SMTP settings have changed to inbound.att.net and outbound.att.net, but if you are using the old server settings (pop.att.yahoo.com and smtp.att.yahoo.com), they will continue to work. You do not have to change them at this time.

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570&br=BR&ct=9003249&pv=3&title =Email+server+settings+%28POP+and+SMTP%29#fbid=JNlZ5h7_sUI

Apr 9, 2013 1:17 PM in response to ocugrad

That is a kludge solution from yahoo. It isn't their mobile server that is the problem it is the activation server and you have to trick it sometimes to use your account in the stock mail account. If you only use an sbcglobal.net account using their app is no problem if you have multiple accounts it would be a pain.

Best thing to do is open an email account not using Yahoo.

Sbcglobal.net problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.