Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camcorder will not connect to iMac...

Okay, so I have a Canon ZR900 that is compatible with Mac or PC, it just has to be connected by Firewire. I just bought a new chord for this, It's a Rocketfish 9-pin to 4-pin cable. Thought everything was going to work out fine, until my computer wouldn't recognize that it was plugged in. I looked around for solutions for a very long time, nothing worked. I have one Firewire port, I normally have my music interface connected through that, which works fine, but when I plug this in, it doesn't work at all. When I click on Firewall in my System Profiler, it says "Unable to list Firewire devices" but when I plug my music interface, it gives me all the info and no problem at all. Although this cable could be bad, i'm not really leaning toward that direction because it's brand new. Let me know what you think! My computer info is: Mac OS X version 10.5.8, Processor - 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 2:58 PM

4 replies

Camcorder will not connect to iMac...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.