Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automating playing of playlists

I want to be able to change to a particular playlist at certain times of the day or week.

Any pointers to how I can do this would be appreciated. I see that automator for OSX can change a playlist but I can't see how to schedule the event to change to the required playlist.

Many thanks

Gary

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 4:08 PM

1 reply

Mar 17, 2012 3:33 PM in response to connoleg

I was doing something like this a while ago and it roke somewhere in either Snow Leopard or Lion. I modified it and tested it both within Automator and as an application. It works but for some reason will not attach as an iCal alarm.

Kinda weird since I have atrached similar scripts to iCal recently. Perhaps you can get things going correctly.

Launch Automator and set it to create an application. Then add the following steps (actiond to the wight side of the window.

1 Find iTunes Items. Expand the box and use the drop down to set it to find Pllaylists. Add the name of the playlist to be played.

2. Start iTunes Playing

That works when run either from within Automator or as an app. The only issue is getting it to work with iCal alarms. That has been an issue from time to time with iCal. Right now on my 10.7.3 box none of the scripts are selectable as iCal alarm actions. When I get that worked out I'll post back.

Automating playing of playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.