Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I organize music videos by artist on iPad2?

Hi everyone...

I'm at a loss. On my iPhone and iTunes...all my music videos are organized by artist. Simple and smooth. However, they are organized alphabetically by song title on my iPad2! Why is that? Sooooooo inconvenient! Sometimes I want to watch videos by a particular artist...but instead of just looking up the artist and seeing all the music videos I have by them...I have to individually think of each song and scroll through the hundreds of videos I have.

There has to be a way to organize by artist, right? Then when you select that artist, a new page with all the videos by that artist will be listed?

The only work around I can figure out is to say they are all TV shows (instead of music videos) and use the artist name as the TV show name...then they will be sorted by artist. HOWEVER, this cannot be the only way. Defeats the whole purpose of separating my tons of TV shows from my music videos (which iPad separates nicely with tabs)...and since iPhone/iPod can organize music videos by artist...I'm sure iPad can too, right? Otherwise where is the continuity with their devices?

So I am I must be missing a simple settings feature that I hope someone can point out to me.

Thanks!

iPad 2, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 4:19 PM

There are no replies.

How do I organize music videos by artist on iPad2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.