Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete Apps from my "Hidden Purchases"?

I know that this question has been asked in various forms but: I want to delete an app from my Ipad. When I go to purchased apps... Then it give me the option to "HIDE" the app... But this only send it to my "HIDDEN PURCHASES". How can I delete the app also from there?

I tried to delete Apps also using Itunes on my computer but it doesnt work.

Thanks for any advice that you can give me!

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2012 6:32 AM

apple should solve this by adding a 'delete' option to the purchased list :S

13 replies

Mar 13, 2012 5:00 PM in response to Smile81

That app will always - until the very of end of time always - appear in your purchased apps list. You just cannot remove it. You can hide the apps as you seem to know but you cannot delete the app from your purchased history.

Essentially you want to delete a legal record of sale and that is not possible.

You can delete the app by tapping and holding down on the app icon until it wiggles - and then tap the X in the corner of the icon to remove the app from the iPad - but you cannot remove the record of purchase.

Nov 12, 2012 6:28 PM in response to Smile81

I need to delete some aps from my hidden purchases because i noticed that somebody hacked my account and download inappropirate apps that i do not wish to have on my account. I have spoken to an apple person and they have told me what to do but i wasnt able to do it at the time (that they first told me) and then when i got round to doing it i had forgotten how to do it. So please. There is a way. And i would really appriciate to know how to do it....again.... Thanks.

Apr 20, 2014 12:59 AM in response to Zombie.Monkey

I would be ok with having a purchase history to allow redownloading of apps deleted by mistake ONLY if they would just stop showing them all on my apple tv. Especially for those times when a person might download a "freebie" or something else and then realize they definitely did not want it and find it somewhat offensive and don't want any friends to come over and see it available for watching or listening in their purchase history on their apple tv.

I find it rather annoying that Apple has not fixed this problem personally.

How can I delete Apps from my "Hidden Purchases"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.