Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken IPhone 4 Screen :(

I got a text and the vibration made my iPhone 4 fall off my bed, my very tall loft bed, on to my very hard tile floor.The screen shattered and is a bit tough to use since you have to be careful of the shatters. I'm hoping to get the screen fixed soon, but I was wondering if I should go to Apple or a local screen repair? I know it's part of the Apple warranty and such to go to them, but it's so much more expensive to get it done there. Do you think since I havent had my phone but about 5 months or less they would have some sympathy and go alittle cheaper than the $199? The local repair is only $50 at the most here? Open to any other suggestions also.

iPhone 4 (8GB), iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 6:49 PM

3 replies

Mar 23, 2012 11:55 AM in response to alysssamarieee

Apple will charge $149 for an out of warranty replacement. You will then get the balance of the original warranty on the replacement or 90 days, whichever is longer.

If you take it to a 3rd party shop, you may get it repaired cheaper, but you will have no warranty at all through Apple and may no longer be able to get a discounted out of warranty replacement if you need it repaired again.

Broken IPhone 4 Screen :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.