Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iPhoto have an option to share albums online?

I currently use Picassa to organize my photos and create albums. I upload select albums to Picasa Web Albums, which is great for sharing with people who don't use Facebook etc.

I'd like to consider switching to iPhoto, but I'm unclear how I can share albums. What are the options for posting albums online?

Thank you.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 12:04 AM

You can use any service there is. Some have dedicated uploaders, some 3rd party uploaders and some you can just upload from their own uploaders. So, anyone you can think of... Picasa Web Albums, Zenfolio, Flickr, SmugMug, 500px, etc etc etc etc

If you are thinking of changing, can I seriously suggest that you create a trial library and import a couple of hundred images to start with. Explore the possibilities and note the differences. iPhoto is a dedicated photo manager. It's not about files. You import them and then forget about them. There's a conceptual difference between it and Picasa and some folks find that confusing.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2012 12:04 AM in response to jtd18

You can use any service there is. Some have dedicated uploaders, some 3rd party uploaders and some you can just upload from their own uploaders. So, anyone you can think of... Picasa Web Albums, Zenfolio, Flickr, SmugMug, 500px, etc etc etc etc

If you are thinking of changing, can I seriously suggest that you create a trial library and import a couple of hundred images to start with. Explore the possibilities and note the differences. iPhoto is a dedicated photo manager. It's not about files. You import them and then forget about them. There's a conceptual difference between it and Picasa and some folks find that confusing.

Does iPhoto have an option to share albums online?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.