Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac keeps waking from sleep after 10 seconds

It drives me nuts. This **** machine will simply not go to sleep.

I have wake on lan turned off , bluetooth turned off , wifi turned off. OSx Lion 10.7.3

Click finder - Sleep.... screen goes black... between 3 and 10 seconds later : boing... machine is back on.

Using Bluetooth Trackpad , Mouse and a WIRED keyboard ( i hate the wireless keyboard because it hase no numerical pad. )

NOTHING else is connected to the machine ( apart form an ethernet cable )

I searched various forums and found plenty of people with the same problem. but no solution. Pretty poor for a 2K$ machine ...

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 13, 2012 10:16 PM

3 replies

Mar 13, 2012 11:08 PM in response to ultravinnie

Try doing a smc and pram reset.

Did you check the Energy Saver preferences? Make sure "wake for network access" is unchecked even if you did disconnect everything.

Look at the kernel log with the Console (in Utilities). Look for lines that say "Wake reason = ". There wil be a code that follows. Look at the following for the codes:

Determine Why Your Mac Wakes Up From Sleep

For at least getting the system to obey the energy saver preferences of when to sleep after the specified time use PleaseSleep.

Mar 14, 2012 8:22 AM in response to X423424X

'wake on lan' (wake for network access) is off.

checking the syslog for the event that fires the wakeup ? that comes from a USB device. Problem is .. there is only one usb device : the keyboard....

wake for bluetooth is off

printer queue is empty.

pram and smc have been reset

still the same crap. Come on apple. even a PC manages to correctly sleep...

And what is up with the behavior of the END and HOME keys on the keyboard. ?? press home and it scrolls all the way up to the top of the page, press end and it scrolls to the end of the page as opposed to expected behavior where it goes to the begin of the line or end of the line i am tryping.

mac keeps waking from sleep after 10 seconds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.