Currently Being ModeratedMar 14, 2012 1:15 PM (in response to Infomaniac)
If the old account was or had been upgraded to an iCloud account as you seem to be implying, you should be able to add it back to your mac as a secondary account (system preferences > mail, calendars & contacts. This should cause both accounts calendars to show up in iCal (click the calendar button -top left corner- to confirm this. Then you should be able to copy the calendars across to your new account by following the instructions below.
- Create a new empty calendar from the iCal file menu, select which account you want to create it in.
- If you have only a few appointments you can move them individually by editing them and changing the calendar in the edit options.
- Alternatively you can copy all the appointments in one calendar to another and delete the original.
- To copy a calendar ctrl-click on it from the menu that appears when you select the calendar button (top left corner of iCal) and choose export (export it to your desktop for ease)
- Double click the exported file and choose the new empty calendar to import them into.
- Ctrl-click on the original calendar from the menu that appears when you select the calendar button and choose delete.
I'm guessing the reason your calendars show on your phone is because that account is enabled as a secondary account there.