Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mid 2011 iMac had intermittent freezing, recent firmware fix seemed to work, now using Lion, but if bluetooth is on, iMac won't stay asleep

mid 2011 iMac had intermittent freezing, recent firmware fix seemed to cure that so upgraded to Lion, then started using bluetooth trackpad (was using USB keyboard and mouse, still am but added trackpad for Lion capabilities) -- after about an hour of use of trackpad, a program froze. I was able to put iMac to sleep with the button on the back, woke it up, force quit the problem program, all well except that with bluetooth on and trackpad connected, the iMac will not stay asleep. Bluetooth now off, iMac behaving well again.

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 3:06 PM

Resolution

1. Choose Apple > System Preferences.
  2. Click Bluetooth.
  3. Click Advanced... in Mac OS X v10.5 or v10.6 or click the Settings tab in Mac OS X v10.4.
  4. Deselect the "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this computer" checkbox.
  5. Click OK.
11 replies

Mar 14, 2012 6:00 PM in response to sdaniel5

Hello:

You have several problems. I seriously doubt a firmware update "fixed" the freezing issue....

The previous post would prevent the trackpad from waking the Mac - which is probably not going to address your problem

Try several things:

1. Reset PRAM

2. Reset SMC

3. Trash a preference file (com.apple.bluetooth.plist) and restart.

As I indicated, the freezing problem may be underlying all of your problems.

Barry

mid 2011 iMac had intermittent freezing, recent firmware fix seemed to work, now using Lion, but if bluetooth is on, iMac won't stay asleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.