Skip navigation

New to AirPort Extreme...

309 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2012 5:47 PM by leomore™ RSS
leomore™ Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 14, 2012 4:30 PM

1. I know there is the possibility to create a Guest Network but I don't see that option anywhere.

2. I attached many Mac OS Extended Disks to the APExtreme plus a USB printer. Everything works fine except the fact that I do not see the 2 USB Flash Drives on my local network and my DVD burner (they are connected to the Base also).

3. I clone my disks using Carbon Copy Cloner since many years (via FireWire or USB) making them bootable. Now that they are connected to my wireless network CCC says that they will not be copied the exact same way as before (because of some permission changes)??

4. I keep my huge libraries (photos, videos and music) on those hard drives attached. For example when I open Aperture it automatically selects my Library on the disk attached to the Extreme Base Station. IS THERE A WAY to do that remotely? (from office or the other side of the world??)

5. Can I access those disks with my iPhone 4S ? If yes, which App would you suggest (or SSH only)??

Thanks in advance

PS: Running Lion 10.7.3 and the latest AirPort Extreme Base Station / Firmware / AirPort Utility

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3), OWC Mercury SSD 6G 480GB

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.