Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

legal pleading template

Hello;

I want to be able to crete a legal pleading in Pages. By this I mean that my pages have numbers and 2 lines going down verticaly on the left side of the paper, and then one line going down vertically on the right side of the paper.

MS Word used to have a "Pleading Wizard", but not anymore. Word Perfect has one, but it only runs on PC not Mac.

I read several suggstions for "work arounds," but they never seem to simply flow correclty or allow the sentences to line up proplery with the numbers. I simply want to have a template or wizard that simply works.

Attached is an example of what I am looking for.

User uploaded file

Thank you for your help.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 5:03 PM

14 replies

Mar 14, 2012 9:47 PM in response to mcbently

Hi mcB,

Some questions on viewing your form:

There does not appear to be a strict relationship between the line numbers and the position of the lines of print on the page.

The line numbers are evenly spaced down the side of the page, but the lines of print above "IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA" are spaced more compactly that the numbers.

The Plaintiff name and tag identifying her as the Plaintiff are positioned with the line numbers, as are the Case No. and Action lines to the right, but the Defendents names, occupying more than a single line, are not.

Strarting with "As and for..." the lines are spaced according to the line numbers, but this breaks again with the close spacing of the printed name under the signature line, and with the two lines underneath.

Do all of these parts correctly represent the way the first page is to appear?

Footer:

The only part of the Footer that can be entered automatically is the Page number. It can stand alone, or with some fixed text, or in combination with the total page count (as Page 1 of 11 OR 1/11 OR Page 1/11, etc.).

The case number may be entered manually, or copied from the entry to the right of the Plaintiff name, then pasted into the footer. The same is true of the action statement. Position of each element is controlled with: alignment Left, and a center tab stop to place the page number and the action statement. The footer automatically repeats on each page.

Line numbers:

Do these repeat on each page? Or are they continuous through the document? The former is far easier to do!.

Answers to those questions will go a long way toward producing a suitable template.

Regards,

Barry

Mar 14, 2012 11:34 PM in response to Barry

Hey Barry;

The line numbers are double spaced and never change. The line numbers repeat on the pages. I want to be able to either type the lines of font as single or double spaced. I want to be able to format as I need. This includes the caption with the law firm name, attorney name, etc.

As I write this, I am not sure it helps to answer your question. If not, let me know and I will add more detail.

Thanks for trying to help

Matt

legal pleading template

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.