Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I miss - After Dark screensaver

Anybody else missing the old Mac experience with the whole "After Dark" screensavers???? Bad dog, flying toasters, Rock-Paper-Scissors, etc.

After Dark-OTHER, Other OS, After Dark, Screensaver, toaster

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 7:50 PM

8 replies

Dec 6, 2015 2:07 AM in response to Barbados_1246

The Toasters are Back! Now you can get the Flying Toasters for $4. BUT WAIT! Act now and you can get the whole set for $7. That's Flying Toasters, The Mowing Man, and Boris all for $7.

This is for Intel Macs and Requires 10.6 or higher.

Just go to their website here http://en.infinisys.co.jp/product/flyingtoasters/index.shtml

(You can download them for free but you need to pay to get a password that unlocks them after they are installed.)

Have fun staring at flying toasters for hours like the good ol' days!

Feb 1, 2016 7:56 AM in response to Barbados_1246

I am currently running System 7 within the emulator Basilisk II (the Emaculation people who also made SheepShaver); I found a resource at Macintosh Garden that had After Dark 4 and a whole load of modules.

When I ran some - e.g. Out and About, Bad Dog, etc - it made me realise how distinctly ordinary the current Mac screensavers are. The After Dark set are extraordinarily creative and fun. I really don't see why the "new Apple" (weighed down by its own sense of gravitas) shouldn't bring back this resource by buying up the rights to the software, and bring back a sorely-missing sense of fun to their software. Everyone would smile.

I miss - After Dark screensaver

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.