Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double Layer Burning fails all the time

I am on 10.7.3 and I try to burn a DL DVD +R wirh TOAST 11.04 and it fails all the time.

Did the same on my MBP and on my MAC Pro.

Tried a LaCie external writer but it also fails !

It stops at some percentege or you get different error codes !

Try the OSX burning but it failed to !!! Different Media also failed too !

Burned a DL - R and that worked but there are only a few and not printable

Any help ????

Best Dirk

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 12:43 AM

4 replies

Mar 15, 2012 1:40 PM in response to Dirk Michael

DL DVDs are not reliable. Besides, are you sure that version of Toast is the last one compatible with Lion? if yes, try another method, e.g. Disk Utility or burning directly from the Finder. Also, try alternative pretty and entirely reliable apps like LiquidCD or Burn or SimplyBurns, you may be luckier with them.

My piece of advice is to gradually abandon optical drives, over the last year I have burnt very few, mainly for others, in change I have purchased one external disk every 6th month, and am planning to purchase another one when prices calm down, they went up crazily after the floods last autumn in the Orient, where they are mainly manufactured.

Mar 29, 2012 1:02 PM in response to Cattus Thraex

Yes you are right ! I have to check the other programs ! Today I get an update for toast but it failed on two machines again ! It worket with the same DL DVD before !

It is nor working with OSX burnfolder ...

So I´am pretty sure that there is a bug in 10.7.3

I will send a couple of DL DVD to friends and they should give it a try ! It will be the same !

Best Dirk

Mar 29, 2012 1:26 PM in response to Dirk Michael

Dirk Michael wrote:

Yes you are right ! I have to check the other programs ! Today I get an update for toast but it failed on two machines again ! It worket with the same DL DVD before !

It is nor working with OSX burnfolder ...

So I´am pretty sure that there is a bug in 10.7.3

I will send a couple of DL DVD to friends and they should give it a try ! It will be the same !

Best Dirk

I am using the latest Toast with a pretty good strike rate and have been trying RW DL Discs in case I had issues. Earlier when I did have issues, I needed to run an optical drive cleaning disc through the superdrive. It can also depend highly on the qaulity of the DL Discs you use. Good quality are still not cheap, but a lot more reliable.

Good Luck

Pete

Double Layer Burning fails all the time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.