Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

routing Profile Manager/iCal published into .private domain

i've setted up my mini server as "server.domain.private"

because i don't want it to be published on the internet by default, i want to have control on wich webapp is published.

my main goal is to have a new Vhosts wich is serving only the webapps i need to be running and ,why not, hosting multiple VhostS enabling just some (or one) webapps each (calendar.domain.com / profilemanager.domain.com / addressbook.domain.com .. etc).

in other words: i want control on what is published where and how

in order to publish Profile Manager i did:

1. - created a new virtual host on the web service called "server.public-domain.com"
  2. - enabled the webapp on that Vhost from terminal as found in: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4813 using this command "webappctl start com.apple.webapp.devicemgr server.public-domain.com"
  3. - restarted the whole server

but this seems not to work as expected.. should it ???

after some dirty work on the apache config (copy/paste from the original vHost of some "proxypass" and "balancemembers" and "include" regarding devicemngmt) i got it to ask me for password when browsed from the outside world, BUT after login it will redirect my browser to "server.domain.private" wich is obviously not working from outside.

any ideas to get a single service pubblished on a custom vHost ?

Message was edited by: N|d3z

Lion Server-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.3), profile manager / ical server / ios

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 3:16 AM

1 reply

routing Profile Manager/iCal published into .private domain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.