Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recording near studio grade guitar tracks?

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to record clear, studio grade guitar tracks in Garageband 11 using their interface (their pedals and amps). I'm having a hard time trying to create a sound that doesn't sound too echoey or too confined (sound too muffled and bassy). I'm also having trouble with too much feedback (humming and whistling sound) when not playing and having to push up the Noise gate level so that the sustain notes are cut off. The guitar tracks tend to be messy and unclear. This sorta goes with vocals too. I'm fairly new with recording with such a complicated interface (I had an 8-track digital recorder) It's kind of driving me insane.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 5:47 AM

7 replies

Mar 15, 2012 7:24 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Um ok, but how does that help with the feedback buzz and the guitar's muffled tone. I do monitor with headphones a lot of the time, but the feedback kills my ears and the product always sounds muffled to me with or without headphones. Is there anything I can do physically in garageband that can make the guitar tone cleaner? Like any preferences on the amps/pedals I should change?

Recording near studio grade guitar tracks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.