3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2012 12:51 AM by gruenauge
Alan Green Level 2 Level 2 (265 points)

I've been using V 5.1.1 of Keynote successfully until today when I needed to add a 3D Piechart (the first time I've attemped this). Each time I add a chart to any presentation - be it existing or new - Keynote crashes!

I've repaired disk permissions, restarted my Mac, only had Keynote running and no other App, disconnected my external Dell U3011 Monitor but still I'm unable to add a 3D chart.

Any ideas, help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.4/2.2 GHz), Mac OS X (10.6.8), 8GB RAM / Dell U3011 Monitor
  • bwfromspring hill Level 4 Level 4 (1,470 points)

Alan,

I have tried to replicate your problem without any success. My charts work just fine.

You may have a currupted preference file. Creating a new Keynote Preferences File might help. This is done by deleting the old preference list and restarting the application:

Finder > User > Library > Preferences > com.apple.iWork.Keynote.plist (delete this file and restart Keynote)

Good Luck.

• maxfromks Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I am also having the same problem. MacBook Pro running 10.6.8, using Keynote 5.1.1. Addition of a 3d pie chart causes Keynote to crash. Deleting the opd preference list and restarting the app does not solve the problem.

• gruenauge Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have a similar problem. Every time i try to add a Chart (2d or 3d) Keynote crashes with the message "unexpected error...". After that i am not able to restart keynote only a complete uninstall allows me to open keynote again but the bug is still there.

In the  console are a lot of messages:

"NSMap get: map table argument is NULL"

"NSMap Insert: map table argument is NULL" (NULL -> = Zero (german)

and

16.04.12 09:44:17Keynote[1862]Fehler auf höchster Ebene: NSInvalidArgumentException : *** -[NSCFArray insertObject:atIndex:]: attempt to insert nil

(error on highes level...)

Can anyone help? I need keynote for work so its´s really bad.

THX in advance

Martin

System: MBP 17 early 2011; 10.6.8

Keynote ´09 Version 5.1.1 (1034)