Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whether a Recovery-partition and its all contents will be created automatically..?

Please tell me whether a Recovery-partition and its all contents will be created automatically when I install Mac OS X 10.7 on a fully formatted new hard drive?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 11:55 AM

3 replies

Mar 15, 2012 4:04 PM in response to Gennady Abakyan

Gennady Abakyan wrote:

Please tell me whether a Recovery-partition and its all contents will be created automatically when I install Mac OS X 10.7 on a fully formatted new hard drive?

Usually, but there are some conditions that can prevent it. See "Some features of Mac OS X Lion are not supported for the disk (volume name)" appears during installation.

So, I get exactly the same (hidden) Recovery-partition on my Mac mini 2011 as from the store if I delete the hard drive current partitions scheme and create a new scheme with an only one (bootable) partition?

You can't do that, at least not from the Mini, while you're runing from it.

You can, however, remove and/or resize partitions in most cases. See #4 in Using Disk Utility.

Whether a Recovery-partition and its all contents will be created automatically..?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.