Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iWork closing down ? doesn't sound good !

Hi all i have just recieved an Email from Apple telling me that iWork is closing down !.

I always thought that this was a major part of iCloud.

I am having trouble with Photo Stream !, not all the photos i take with my iPhone go to the iCloud, it is a ****** nuisance, and the folk at my local Apple Store dont know why.

Without iWork and with my Photo Stream being VERY unreliable i am loosing faith with iCloud and all the hype we had when it was launched

Tim

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPad 2, iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 12:37 PM

Re-read the email you got - carefully.

The iWork related features of iCloud are not closing down - iWork.com is closing down. It never made it out of public beta.

13 replies

Mar 15, 2012 3:38 PM in response to Julian Wright

One might want to add, that currently ONLY the iWork applications on iOS devices (like on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch) can make use of iWork in iCloud and store their files there. The versions of iWork you may have on your Apple COMPUTER currently DO NOT support storing of files in iCloud. We'll have to wait for an update of these versions (which - I guess - might come before the iWork.com website closes) to get that support.

Mar 16, 2012 2:45 AM in response to Julian Wright

To my understanding uploading documents MANUALLY to iCloud is not possible (before it was possible with MobileMe's iDisk). Only if a program supports storing files in iCloud you may choose to store it there (or locally on your hard disk)

You would have to use a third party solution (like the free Dropbox or Wuala ) to share documents between computers (or computers and iOS devices as they also offer Apps for iPhone/iPad).

christian

PS: as Apple writes on their website once you habe an iWork app on your iOS device you should be able to transfer it from MAC to iPhone/iPad.:

Documents in the Cloud. And on your Mac or PC.

iCloud makes it easy to move Pages, Keynote, and Numbers documents between your computer and your iOS devices. Just sign in to icloud.com/iwork in any modern web browser, and all your iWork for iOS documents will be there — complete with your most recent edits. Click a document to download it in iWork ’09, Microsoft Office, or PDF format. You can also drag and drop any iWork ’09 or Microsoft Office document from your computer into one of the iWork apps on icloud.com, and it automatically appears on all your iOS devices, ready for you to review, edit, or present.

Message was edited by: Christian Theussl

iWork closing down ? doesn't sound good !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.