Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari links don't work in drop-down menus

We use NetSuite which is a cloud based SAS enterprise solution. We spend about 90% of our computing time using this web page. It stopped working with Safari today. I don't think it is an incompatibility with Safari 5.1.4 because the problem didn't start until 3 or 4 days after I installed Safari 5.1.4 plus it still works OK on my home computer that also uses Safari 5.1.4.

NetSuite uses a lot of SOAP and Java. I click on drop-down menus in NetSuite and they typically have words with the associated icon to the left of each word. Today it has the words, but the little file type icons are missing. I click any of the links in the pull-downs and get a NetSuite "page not found" web page.

The same thing happens on all drop-down lists in netSuite. They're all missing their little icons to the left of the words and the links won't work.

I tried everything. I deactivated all Safari add-ons and extensions. I deleted Safari prefs. I reset Safari. I rebooted and zapped the p-ram in the mac. Nothing seems to fix the issue.

I posted the issue in the NetSuite User's Group and it seems to be a problem specific to my computer.

T

Mac mini (Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 12:24 PM

7 replies

Mar 15, 2012 1:03 PM in response to farrago

Hi ...

I'm going by your profile... Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Install the Java for OS X Lion Update 1

They're all missing their little icons to the left of the words and the links won't work.

Then go to ~/Library/Safari

Move the WebpageIcons.db file from the Safari folder to the Trash.

And go to ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db. Move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Now try Safari ...

~ (Tilde) character represents the Home folder.

For Lion v10.7x: To find the Home folder in OS X Lion, open the Finder, hold the Option key, and choose Go > Library

edited by: cs

Safari links don't work in drop-down menus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.