Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't turn off IPv6

I have been having problems with wifi on my Macbook Air 4,2 and I wanted to try turning off IPv6. However, when I go to network settings to do so, the option to turn it off is not there. I've included a screenshot to show you what I see when I go to network settings. I don't know why this option would have disappeared. Is there a program that could have disabled this?

Thanks,

Spencer

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 2:12 PM

Linc Davis wrote:

You can't turn it off, but if you set it to link-local only, it will only pass traffic to and from the local network.

Yes you can turn it off...by a terminal command:

networksetup -setv6off "Wi-Fi"

networksetup -setv6off "Ethernet"

networksetup -setv6off "USB Ethernet"

networksetup -setv6off "Ethernet 1"

networksetup -setv6off "Ethernet 2"

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2012 2:12 PM in response to Linc Davis

Linc Davis wrote:

You can't turn it off, but if you set it to link-local only, it will only pass traffic to and from the local network.

Yes you can turn it off...by a terminal command:

networksetup -setv6off "Wi-Fi"

networksetup -setv6off "Ethernet"

networksetup -setv6off "USB Ethernet"

networksetup -setv6off "Ethernet 1"

networksetup -setv6off "Ethernet 2"

Can't turn off IPv6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.