Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Launchpad icons rearranged at start up

Every time I restart my machine the first page of the icons on Launchpad moves around. There is no obvious pattern to this, just a general shuffling of the icons. Anyone identified a cause/solution for this?

thanks

iMac (20-inch Mid 2007), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 1:28 PM

2 replies

Mar 15, 2012 3:16 PM in response to dominic23

Thanks. Having footled about with this a bit more it seems to be something to do with the order in which they are placed. I can get them to stay pretty stable between reboots having moved them into place in turn, starting at the top left and working along each row to the right before going on to the next one. The only thing which is now baffling me is why the final two keep switching round when I reboot. Hopefully this will help someone work out what is going on and FIX it. In the short term, hopefully this work around might help others.

Launchpad icons rearranged at start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.