Skip navigation

iCal highlight color too dim

668 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2012 6:53 AM by MTOLincoln RSS
Cosman Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 15, 2012 2:00 PM

I can barely see the pale color of the iCal cell for the date.  I remember this being a problem for a long time with iCal.  You can't see the highlight color in the day cell.  I have the same problem with the search or find.  The highlight color is so pale it is hard to find in a page of text.

I vaguely remember there was a way to darken that color in terminal, but I don't remember any details.

Can someone help fix this.  This is a bug that Apple seems to ignore year after year.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), I7, 8GB, 750GB, Lion
  • 26buster Calculating status...
    Mar 18, 2012 11:08 PM (in response to Cosman)

same problem, cant read the dates on the month calendar

• MTOLincoln Calculating status...
    Mar 19, 2012 9:18 AM (in response to Cosman)

I have a similar problem with iCal, and always have. It uses light grey on a white background for days and hours. Can't see the days well, but especially the hours, can't discriminate those at all.  Am not sure why more people haven't complained, or why this hasn't been fixed before this.

Maybe it doesn't show up on iMac's which have their own monitors built in. I use a MacMini, with a Samsung monitor. Have played with the Samsung monitor's settings, but can't fix the problem that way either.

Did check my Contrast setting in System Prefs, and it's Normal, and all the way to the left.

I think Apple needs to fix this. I'm not sure there's anything the end user can do.

• MTOLincoln Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Mar 22, 2012 6:53 AM (in response to Cosman)

Has anyone found a good iCal replacement app?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.