Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacPro wifi connection dropping from time to time

I'm having a strange issue around my MacPro 1,1 2006.

When I startup the computer, the wifi runs fine, good connection (all bars), fast response, etc... But something like 20 to 30min after that, the wifi logo still with all bars but even google doesn't load.

So, my network is a modem and 3 routers, the first one is a Linksys that goes through cable to a Time Capsule 1TB (were the Macpro connects) and from there to another router in the floor above, a Pacific wifi.

My Macbook Pro 15" connects perfectly to my time machine, but the MacPro have this issue.

I've found some articles talking about Mac Lion with Linksys, this really can be my problem?

Thanks in advance!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), Model 1,1 2006

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 6:54 PM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2012 6:30 PM in response to Tiago Schmidt

I have a 13" Early 2011 MBP and have upgraded to Lion months back. It has had intermittent WiFi drop out ever since it was new. Apple Genius could find no issues. Reading these forums it is obvious for whatever reason many MBP suffer from "Buggy" WiFi. Does not happen that often but disabling WiFi and Re-Enabling usually gets things going again. I have all the latest Software and Firmware updates on the machine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.