Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Downloading/Updating Apps

Just recently tonight I've had a problem with downloading and/or updating the apps on my iPhone 4S. I noticed I had some updates available so I clicked "Update All". The 3 apps never updated and are still grayed out and deemed as "Waiting". I've restarted and shut down my phone several times but this hasn't helped at all. I even tried downloading a new app to see if that helped but I got the same issue occurred. I'm not sure if the problem is with me or the App Store or what?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 15, 2012 6:44 PM

3 replies

Mar 16, 2012 10:03 AM in response to ddrosche

Just to say, same problem here since yesterday. 😟 I'm able to update apps within iTunes on my MacBook Pro, but not from within the App Store on my iPhone 4 anymore. It just says „Warten…“ (waiting), but nothing happens at all.

@xtremecarbon: Of course I tried removing and reinstalling the app as well as restarting my iPhone, but have the same experience: The download starts, says „waiting“ and nothing more happens.

Mar 16, 2012 3:05 PM in response to ddrosche

Well, I finally gave up last night and charged it when I went to bed. When I woke up this morning they had all downloaded. So I don't know if it was stalled or power related or what? Hopefully I won't have any more of these issues. Oh and I also tried the removing and reinstalling and they just resume whir "waiting" status.

Problem Downloading/Updating Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.