Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't load

Hi All Apple People

I have searched through discussions and cant find an answer to why my safari doesnt load on my macbook pro.

I click on the Safari app and safari window opens but it used to automatically open a window with the apple store, i made book marks for pages i liked e.c.t google but nothing loads when opening app not even the apple store.

Tried pressing my google bookpark and still nothing happens. Just a blank grey screen.

Anyone can help with ideas on how to fix this? Im not a computer wizz so if you have a simple explanation would be great.

Thanks All 🙂

iPhone 4

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 1:43 AM

1 reply

Mar 16, 2012 12:09 PM in response to kahlia.nuia

Hi Kahlia ...

I click on the Safari app and safari window opens but it used to automatically open a window with the apple store,

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the General tab. Where you see: New windows open wtih: click the pop up menu then select Homepage. Just under that type in whatever webpage url you want such as www.apple.com

As for your Bookmarks, Safari preferences may be corrupted so you need to troubleshoot the Safari .plist file.

Quit Safari.

Go to ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

Move the com.apple.Safari.plist file from the Preferences folder to the Desktop.

Relaunch Safari. If you can access your Bookmarks, move that .plist file to the Trash. If not, move it back to the Preferences folder.

By the way, when you post for help, please tell us which Mac OS X you have installed and in this case which version of Safari. Troubleshooting suggestions are sometimes based on that information.

Safari won't load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.