Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yellow screen

Unpacked new iPad to find a yellow screen to display my billion pixels. Anyone having same? I know it was an issue with 4s. Can be fixed or best return it?

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi + 4G, iOS 5.1

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 12:32 AM

32 replies

Mar 16, 2012 10:21 AM in response to Eher

@Eher, i am also getting the same problem. In fact the resolution on my ipad 2 is much brighter and whiter if that make sense than my new iPad. I am considering bringing the new unit to the apple store to get it replaced but im really not sure if this is an inherent problem with all new iPads and i hope i can get more response from the new iPad users. I am definitely not going to put up with this problem considering the new iPad boast about better display which it clearly did not promise to deliver.

Mar 16, 2012 10:28 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

Hi John,

Thanks. Well in that case i should head down to the apple store to get my unit replace then. FYI for all of the people who are curious about what im talking about, you can check out the youtube video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lapCYYMcAOk&list=UUWIw8jZ8WuGzJkfNBhzoPFQ&index=3 &feature=plcp

The guy mentioned that the new iPad looks much nicer but its clearly having a yellowish undertone. Im having the same problem. So john, i would supposed you are getting the nice white display much better than the iPad 2 am i right?

Mar 16, 2012 11:17 AM in response to Eher

I just got mine and I have the same problem! Screen is VERY yellow compared to my other iPads and iPhones. I also have dead pixels in 3 different areas on the screen. They are noticeable on a white background and appear to be grouped together, making them stand out more. In total, somewhere between 5-7 dead pixels are visible. Major bummer after dropping a grand on this thing.

Mar 16, 2012 4:46 PM in response to Eher

It's GLUE. They all have this yellow tint when they are new. It's more noticable in the color of white and will go away eventually. You just have better eyes than most. It's just like lip sync, there are people that can't see that either, probably the same people. Keep using it, as hot as this iPad runs it will probably not take that long for the yellow tint to go away.

Yellow screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.