Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop email notifications in icloud/ical?

My coworkers and I share numerous calendars using icloud. Recently we have began to receive a deluge of email notifcations for every change, tweak, or addition made to the shared calendars. We have been using shared icloud ical calendars for over 8 months and have NEVER had this issue until it started earlier this week. Help! My email inbox has become literally overrun with ical notification emails.

Thanks!

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 8:00 AM

4 replies

Mar 16, 2012 12:06 PM in response to elliotgrey

I started getting this same problem today. I received hundreds of emails. In one case, a single event on the calendar was updated, but it sent me notifications for every event on the calendar.

I've never turned on the notifications for calendar changes. I tried to disable it to no avail. I went into iCloud calender and the option for change notification was not checked. Just to be sure, I checked it, waited, and then unchecked it hoping to reset a setting. It had no effect. Eventually, I had to unsubscribe from the calendar.

Anybody know if Apple rolled something out?

How to stop email notifications in icloud/ical?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.