Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Enabling HDR on new iPad Camera

Like many, I received my new iPad with great anticipation today, particularly because of the new camera. However, I am incredibly disappointed that the HDR feature found in my iPhone4 camera has not been enabled on the new iPad with its improved camera. HDR is the most powerful feature of the iOS camera and has allowed me to capture incredibly good images with my phone even with its reduced resolution. Does anyone know if there might be a work-around to enable HDR or if not, could this be done by a software upgrade in the future? If it is possible to enable HDR with a software change, then I'd like to launch an avalance of complaints/requests into Apple to see if the lack of this feature can't be corrected.

iPad, iOS 5.1, iPad 4G

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 11:55 AM

5 replies

Mar 16, 2012 2:30 PM in response to varjak paw

I'd forgottent that I have such an App in my files but it wasn't activated to load. I've done that--loaded ProHDR--and while it helps a bit, it is a lot more unwieldy, slow and subject to camera shake than the version enable in the iPhone 4. I'm going to go ahead and follow tghe link provided by King_Penguin to lobby Apple to enable this feature. Now if they'd only put an alarm clock on my iPad!

Enabling HDR on new iPad Camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.