Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 3 Battery Stuck - Not Charging

Just got a new iPad 3 64K Black Verizon today.

Battery came at 82%. Plugged it in to charge it. For the last hour, it has a charging indicator, but still shows 82%.

I tried hard resetting (holding home & power button) and still at 82%.

Other notes.

The charging indicator does show in the menu bar.

This is plugged into the Apple AC Adapter and has been charging my iPhone 4S and does charge it without issues.

I think I will try calibrating the battery by letting it run down to 0% and then plugging it in, however, I have yet to see the iPad 3 use any battery. Running a HD movie without it plugged in to drain the battery.

I guess if I can use it for weeks and have it stick at 82%, I would be happy - but doubt that is going to happen.

Will post more later.

Anyone else see this?

iMac, MacBook Air, iPad, iPhone-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Apple customer since 1982

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 1:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 1:14 PM

Are you using the iPhone charger or iPad charger?

iPhone charger will in no way charge and iPad with double the battery size.

4 replies

Mar 16, 2012 1:32 PM in response to Michael Ginsberg

The quickest way (and really the only way) to charge your iPad is with the included 10W USB Power Adapter. iPad will also charge, although more slowly, when attached to a computer with a high-power USB port (many recent Mac computers) or with an iPhone Power Adapter. When attached to a computer via a standard USB port (most PCs or older Mac computers) iPad will charge very slowly (but iPad indicates not charging). Make sure your computer is on while charging iPad via USB. If iPad is connected to a computer that’s turned off or is in sleep or standby mode, the iPad battery will continue to drain.

Apple recommends that once a month you let the iPad fully discharge & then recharge to 100%.

At this link http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/galaxy-tab-android-tablet,3014-11.html , tests show that the iPad 2 battery will charge to 90% in 3 hours 1 minute. It will charge to 100% in 4 hours 2 minutes.

 Cheers, Tom 😉

iPad 3 Battery Stuck - Not Charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.